C.F. Burkheimer has teamed up with the Avid Angler Fly Shop for a Winter Steelhead Class on Washington’s Skykomish River. Demand has been overwhelming for this seasons Clackamas Winter Steelhead Schools, so we’ve combined forces with C.F. Burkheimer Pro-Staffer Ryan Smith and the Avid Angler to offer another date.
Check it out on the Avid Anglers website, or read about the day below.
Join CF Burkheimer Pro Staff instructors Brian Styskal, Ryan Smith and Avid Angler’s Ben Waldschmidt for an intensive day of winter steelhead fishing and instruction on the Skykomish river. This is an opportunity to gain first hand knowledge from veteran steelheaders and improve your success on the water. The winter steelhead learning curve is a steep one, and a day spent in a focused educational environment will accelerate your skill set and increase your confidence.
You’ll float the Skykomish with one other angler and your instructor, working through a variety of fishing situations and learning the best approach to each piece of water
- Improve your casting with weighted flies and sink-tips.
- Refine your presentation skills with the two handed rod.
- Learn to recognize fish holding water and the appropriate approach to that water.
- Join an open discussion on equipment and flies for pursuing these fish.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about winter steelhead angling from experienced instructors and guides, on the water and in the elements. Coffee, snacks and a hot lunch will be provided. Brian and Ryan will have a large selection of CF Burkheimer rods and matching lines.
- Date: Saturday, January 13th
- Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Location: Skykomish River, just 45 minutes from Seattle
- Cost: $245/angler(plus tax)
- What you’ll need: Waders, wading boots, a rain jacket, warm layers, sunglasses, Washington Fishing License and Vehicle Use Permit
For more information, or to register, contact The Avid Angler: 206-362-4030 or [email protected]