le saumon atlantique avec Pete Gadd Several hundred years of fly fishing tradition for Atlantic Salmon is ancestor of modern steelheading and so holds a good amount of Romantic Charm for us. While our aspirations abound, we are not all able to drop $1500/night at a lodge. The better destinations are often saddled with difficult [...]
Bucket List Trip! At a Discount… The week is June 26th – July 3rd, hosted by Jason Hartwick of Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service. We have discounted it $1000 and is now priced at $5150. Price includes full week of guided fishing, all meals by our amazing chef, wine with dinner and our roundtrip [...]
When news of normalizing relations with Cuba broke headlines, many anglers began dreaming of direct flights to virgin turquoise Bonefish flats and the shimmer of tailing Permit. Of course when reality sets in, a delightful if somewhat more pedestrian alternative is just up the highway. You may not be able to afford Cuba but a [...]
The following is an occasional series exploring the quiver of rods that John Larison fishes throughout his season. Stay tuned for further installments. John Larison’s Quiver The Burkheimer 9145-4 No rod quiver is complete without a big water, big wade, big fish canon. How often have you been on a run that demanded a belly [...]
Another year of Steelhead fishing has passed and it’s time to start a new season of chasing silver. Our Steelhead year always gets rolling with a Week at The Spey Lodge in Terrace, British Columbia. While some believe the Fall fishing is the time of choice in the North country, those that are “in the [...]
How I discovered the difference between an Atlantic Salmon and a Steelhead by Willy George It was one of the few remaining species on my bucket list — the Atlantic Salmon. It’s funny how some of my fly fishing trips come together. I met Ernie up on the Babine last Fall fishing for steelhead at [...]
Today’s fly rod marketing is predictable, nearly all the manufacturers want to tell you how light and fast theirs rods are, and why that makes them better. They go on and on talking about proprietary materials, processes and actions. The truth is, all rod manufacturers are using pretty much the same materials and processes to [...]
As a new season gets into full swing we have some changes here at C.F. Burkheimer Fly Rod Company.
We’ve added a new date for our December Winter Steelhead School. Join us on the 15th for a day of fishing and instruction.
Magic Waters Patagonia. Huge trout in unspoiled country.
- excusez-moi, où sont les volants staek de flavore ? June 29, 2015
- Dean River British Columbia May 29, 2015
- Caaarp With Peter Gadd May 12, 2015
- John Larison’s Quiver the Burkheimer 9145-4 March 17, 2015
- CF Burkheimer Week at the Spey Lodge January 30, 2015
- Bear Claw Lodge 2012 July 18, 2012
- Dry Line Winter Steelhead January 26, 2012
- Saracione Fly Reels and C.F. Burkheimer Rods April 2, 2012
- A CF Burkheimer Prophecy March 8, 2011
- Burkheimers in Baja May 21, 2012
- Art: Hi, Saw one of your rods at Avid Angler. It was s...
- Matt K.: Thanks for the overview! I love the 8134-4, but I ...
- John Wintemute: I have fished with Rob Allen on the Babine, Kispio...
- Mark N: One of those "Double Double" fish was a 25 lb. b...
- Nate: Mike, The best pairing we've found for our 590-4...