Another year of Steelhead fishing has passed and it’s time to start a new season of chasing silver. Our Steelhead year always gets rolling with a Week at The Spey Lodge in Terrace, British Columbia. While some believe the Fall fishing is the time of choice in the North country, those that are “in the [...]
How I discovered the difference between an Atlantic Salmon and a Steelhead by Willy George It was one of the few remaining species on my bucket list — the Atlantic Salmon. It’s funny how some of my fly fishing trips come together. I met Ernie up on the Babine last Fall fishing for steelhead at [...]
Today’s fly rod marketing is predictable, nearly all the manufacturers want to tell you how light and fast theirs rods are, and why that makes them better. They go on and on talking about proprietary materials, processes and actions. The truth is, all rod manufacturers are using pretty much the same materials and processes to [...]
We’ve secured a prime week on the Bulkley River with Bob Hull of Steelhead Excursions. This is the premiere operation on the Bulkley during the best part of the season. Join Rob Allen and Bob Hull for a world-class steelheading experience.
- CF Burkheimer Week at the Spey Lodge January 30, 2015
- Atlantic Salmon with Willy George August 27, 2014
- Pocket Water Fishing and the 483-4 DAL April 2, 2014
- Changes at C.F. Burkheimer March 11, 2014
- Winter Steelhead Schools: New Date Added November 13, 2013
- Bear Claw Lodge 2012 July 18, 2012
- Dry Line Winter Steelhead January 26, 2012
- A CF Burkheimer Prophecy March 8, 2011
- Saracione Fly Reels and C.F. Burkheimer Rods April 2, 2012
- CF Burkheimer Fly Rod Co. launches new website February 20, 2011
- Art: Hi, Saw one of your rods at Avid Angler. It was s...
- Matt K.: Thanks for the overview! I love the 8134-4, but I ...
- John Wintemute: I have fished with Rob Allen on the Babine, Kispio...
- Mark N: One of those "Double Double" fish was a 25 lb. b...
- Nate: Mike, The best pairing we've found for our 590-4...